Abstract Submission is now Closed
Notifications to all submitters will be issued after the review period
abstract submission guidelines
Please follow the instructions listed on this website step-by-step:
- Images, tables, diagrams, and graphs must be saved and uploaded as
JPEG files. Other file types cannot be accepted. Please note that these
may be resized to fit in the final printed material.
- Abstracts submitted via fax or email will not be accepted.
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published in the official meeting publications.
- Presenting authors of abstracts must be registered participants in order to be scheduled for presentation.
- Abstracts must be original and must not be or have been published or
presented at any other meeting prior to the 9th World Congress of the
World Society for Pediatric Infectious Diseases (WSPID).
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Abstracts over 250 words will not be accepted.
- Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
The Scientific Committee will determine whether the abstract will be
accepted as an oral presentation or a poster presentation, with consideration given to the author’s preference.
The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are
aware of the content of the abstract before submission to the
WSPID will publish all accepted abstracts online
(open access) for a period of at least 5 years. The abstract published
online will include the e-mail address of the presenting author. As a
condition of submission, WSPID requires you to agree to such publication
and to surrender any copyright over the abstract as submitted to WSPID.
Abstracts stating “data will be discussed in the presentation” will NOT be accepted.
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author's contact details
· Email address
· Full postal address
· Daytime and evening phone number
- Author and co-authors' details
· Full first and family name(s).
· Authors’ names must be in upper and lower case (J.J.C. Smith).
· Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
- Abstract title - limited to 25 words in UPPER CASE
- Abstract text – limited to 250 words, including acknowledgements.
(Please Note: word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are included)
We recommend using word-processing software (for example, Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words.
- Abstracts should clearly state:
· Background and aims
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual
abbreviations in parentheses after the full word appears the first
- Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals.
- Abstract category– abstracts must be allocated to a specific
category for the scientific program. You will need to select the
category most suited to your abstract. To preview the categories please
- Tables – A maximum of 3 tables of up to 10 rows x 10 columns can be included per abstract
- Graphs and images – It is important to note that each image included in the abstract is worth 30 words.
- A maximum of 3 images can be included per abstract.
- The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is
600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload graphs and images in JPEG format only.
- Draft abstracts – The submission form at the link below allows you
to store your abstract as a draft in order to make changes. Please note
that abstracts must be SUBMITTED before the deadline in order to be sent
to review for inclusion in the scientific program.
Disclosure of financial relationships that the author(s) may have
with the manufacturer/supplier of any commercial products or services
related to the work, should be indicated in the appropriate box on the